Why You Should Choose a Cork Yoga Mat
Hey yogis, fall in love with your new 100% chemical free, artist designed cork yoga mat!
Our Cork and Natural Tree Rubber yoga mat design has substantially improved a product that has been around for centuries. How, you might ask? Well, here is how!
The Many Benefits of a Cork Yoga Mat:
- It has the perfect grip! The natural tree rubber securely grips the yoga mat onto the floor- say good-bye to injuries!
- It is anti-slip. The sweatier you get the more anti-slip the cork surface becomes. Now hold the asanas without the feeling of instability. This is because cork absorbs liquid, so the wetter the mat the better the grip.
- It has great cushioning for the joints. The high density of the natural tree rubber provides a great cushioning for the joints and the cork surface feels really good on the body.
- It is extremely easy to clean! Cork itself is anti-bacterial, so we say just wipe it down with water after your practice. No need for harsh chemicals!
- Cork's anti-microbial properties resist smell, dew and molds.
- The natural tree rubber utilized doesn't have the odor you typically get from other rubbers. Say bye-bye to smelly mats after practice!
- It is 100% eco-friendly and biodegradable. The environment is not harmed in any way! Cork is harvested without harming trees and grows back every few years. The creation of traditional PVC mats cause pollution, and their degrading cause even more!
- When you are breathing on your chemical mat, you actually inhale the chemicals, unlike a cork mat! Also as time goes on the chemicals from your chemical mat transfer onto your body and can be absorbed through the skin.
The mats are all hand designed by a gifted Indian artist!! They are absolutely beautiful and made using water based inks!
- They have excellent durability!
A cork mat is not only kind to you AND the earth, it also enhances your practice! As yogis, we care both about you and the beautiful environment. Lets live in a world that is Chemical Free!