Start your day with a healthy intention. Eating right in the morning gives you the energy you need for the rest of your day. Break the 8 hour fast (hopefully you had 8 hours of sleep) with healthy choices as it will keep your mood, weight and concentration in check. Our research enabled us to list some of the best morning options. Enjoy a kingly breakfast filled with fruits, veggies and other recommended options. You can also check out some of our food recipes
- Organic Berries: Whether you want to have a bowl of mixed berries with coconut yogurt or make an acai bowl, berries is a low fructose fruit than contains antioxidants that help keep your cells healthy. They are super high in antioxidants and super low in calories.
- Bananas: Did you know bananas actually keep you happy! They contain Tryptophan, which is needed to make your happy hormone, serotonin. This potassium loaded goodie is just what you need to keep your nervous system firing and healthy and to keep your blood pressure lower. It also keeps those mid day cravings at bay as it contains a healthy carbohydrate that keeps you feeling full longer. So enjoy a banana in a smoothie, acai bowl, oatmeal meal or just on the go.
- Papaya: This is a sweet deal for your digestive system as it is loaded with enzymes and has anti-inflammatory properties. Enjoy chunks of these with some coconut yogurt or just rub some lemon to enjoy this tropical fruit.
- Watermelon: After your 8 hour fast, the body needs to be rehydrated and what better than a yummy watermelon juice. It also contains nutrients necessary for vision, heart health, and cancer prevention.
- Organic Eggs: A morning is not a morning without some organic eggs. These are loaded with omega 3, good fats, Vitamin B, and protein. Yes they have everything you need to start the morning right. Enjoy it on top of an avocado toast.
- Activated Nuts: Soak your almonds, walnuts, cashews or brazil nuts overnight and then enjoy them with a mixed berry fruit bowl or on their own. Soaking them helps break them down so your digestive system can spend time taking nutrients out of it.
- Oatmeal: We need roughage in our system, especially for the mornings! Oats contain a type of fiber that helps lower cholesterol. They are also rich in omega 3. Folate and potassium. So grab those steel-cut oats, mix it with your favorite berries, bananas and activated nuts and enjoy.
- Coconut yogurt: Our body hosts trillions of bacteria, so we need to make sure we are eating healthy bacteria to outweigh some of the bad bacteria in our bodies. Coconut yogurt is full of bacteria and it also helps with rehydration due to the electrolytes present in the coconut.
- Flaxseed: Make your breakfast for champions by sprinkling this goodie in your acai, smoothie, oatmeal or mix fruit bowl. It contains omega 3 which is good for your heart health.
- Chia Seeds: These super seeds are rich in essential fatty acids, magnesium, iron, vitamin B and protein. Treat yourself with a chia seed pudding or just sprinkle some on top of your favorite fruit and nuts and enjoy the day.
Eat these yummy superfoods. Nourish your body the way it deserves so it can serve you better. Practice sun salutations on your chemical free, eco-friendly yoga mat. Your body says thank you. Have a wonderful day.