Boost Your Immunity With These Asanas
2020 was without a doubt an eventful year, and though much has changed, it has revealed that our daily lives can change without much warning and it is so important to cherish all we have. This especially goes for our health!
However, we do not want to indulge in the fear of all that is going on. Instead, let’s take this time to take better care of ourselves and adopt new and healthy routines and practices.
We know that most gyms and yoga studios will be closing (if they are not already closed) as a result of the pandemic. But, we also know that yoga is a holistic practice that strengthens our mind and soul, and it also increases the body’s defense mechanisms.
So, if you want to stay healthy and increase your immunity in all the times to come, continue your daily practice and include the following immunity boosting poses into your flow:
Asanas For Immunity
- Balasana (Child’s Pose) - This wonder pose not only reduces stress and fatigue, it is also a natural chest decongestant and incredible immunity builder.
- Halasana (Plow Pose) - This pose is therapeutic for fatigue, headaches, and sinus issues. It is also an awesome backward bend that strengthens the immune system by stimulating the thyroid gland and releasing white blood cells.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) - Not only will this pose help your back bends, it will also open your chest and assist in releasing immunity boosting white blood cells into the body.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose) - This asana is wonderful for the respiratory system because it boosts oxygen and blood flow to the lungs, and it helps fight respiratory ailments. It also stimulates the thymus and improves immunity.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) - This is another pose that will improve the flow of white blood cells by applying pressure on the digestive system.
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) - This last asana opens the heart and improves blood circulation. It also increases energy in the body to increase resistance against pathogens like Covid-19.
So get your antimicrobial cork yoga mat out, and get flowing to stay healthy with your self-practice during these uncertain times. Oh! And while you're at it, don't forget to keep a mat cleaner handy!
-- by Viviana Wilches
Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread it bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again. Feel free to adjust your the quantities to your taste, and remember if you have a spice really use it, don't just sprinkle it.
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.