Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1/2 pound of peeled and finely chopped Beets
2 x 400g cans of Chickpeas
1/2 a cup of chopped onions
1 cup of breadcrumbs
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp corriander seeds
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp exra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup of low fat yoghurt
1. Take the chickpeas, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of olive oil and puree it in a food processor until smooth.
2. Combine it in a bowl with the beets
3. Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and then add the cumin seeds, corriander seeds and the cayenne pepper for a minute.
4. Sautee the onions on the pan until they are translucent
5. Add salt to the onions
6. Add the breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp parsley, egg, onion and beets in a bowl and mix it well.
7. With damp hands take about a fistsize of the mixture and shape it into a round shape and then let it chill in the regrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Mix the yoghurt with parsley.
9. Serve the falafel balls with yoghurt and enjoy