The more I get into organic eating and living the more amazed I am to learn about how nature has the answers. It’s really beautiful to learn about how this world was created so perfectly; nature has problems but it also offers solutions.
One such powerful natural healer is Apple Cider Vinegar, vinegar made by fermenting apples. Organic, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is murky in appearance because it contains “mother” strands of protein, enzymes and friendly bacteria. Apple Cider Vinegar has been used for healing purposes since centuries. Our forefathers including the father of modern science, Hippocrates, used it to heal everything from a stomachache to diabetes. Today some of the proven benefits include:
- It helps kill bacteria. Use this to clean your house instead of a bottle of toxic chemicals. After all, our home is our temple. It also makes a great vegetable washer- use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl of water and use that to wash all your vegetables to kill unwanted bacteria. It also acts as a natural food preservative as it inhibits the growth of any bacteria in your food.
- Alkalizes your body. I can’t stress enough the importance of doing this; whether you want to start your morning with a tbsp of ACV in a glass of water or hot water with lemon it is imperative to make your body alkaline. The reasoning behind it is because acidic bodies are breathing grounds for infection.
- Help you lose weight. A tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar keeps the appetite away.
- Makes your hair look lovely. Use it as a natural conditioner weekly after shampooing your hair by mixing 1 tsp of ACV and 1 cup of cold water. It not only leaves your hair looking and feeling lovely it also balances your scalps pH level.
- Lowers your blood sugar levels. Yes our forefathers were correct in using it to fight diabetes as it helps lower blood sugar levels and also improves insulin sensitivity.
- Makes your skin clean and clear if you use a tablespoon mixed with 2 tbsp of water to apply over your face after washing.
- Flushes out your liver after that wild night out and promotes circulation.
- Breathe easier with this magical potion as it helps break mucus and the anti-bacterial properties help prevent a sinus infection.
- This live drink makes you feel alive. Before getting on that beautiful spiritual warrior mat have a shot of apple cider vinegar mixed with honey. The enzymes give you the kick you need.
- A brighter smile. There are so many reasons to smile after having apple cider vinegar and one of them include whiter teeth. Swish around a tsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 tsps of water and get those pearly whites looking great.
Incorporate it into your diet now either by using it as a salad dressing or put a teaspoon or a tablespoon (depending on your preference) in water a consume it as a beverage. Don’t have more than 1-2 tablespoons a day as excessive consumption can be harmful.
Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread it bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again. Feel free to adjust your the quantities to your taste, and remember if you have a spice really use it, don't just sprinkle it.
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.